So I haven't blogged in forever...I know I know. But life is crazy and I'm trying to enjoy every moment. So the occasion for my blog post...Campbell will be turning 1 tomorrow. I seriously cannot believe it has been a year already. There is a big part of me that is happy and a big part of me that is sad. Call me strange, but I like the infant/baby phase. I'm enjoying watching her language skills develop and become more of a little person. I'm glad we are a year closer to taking a family vacation. But I'm sad that we are a year closer to not rocking her. I'm sad that we are just a few short weeks away from not nursing anymore....and yes, we made it to a year strictly nursing and I've loved every minute of it. I can't say that I enjoyed Jackson as a baby as much as Campbell because he slept far less then she did...and he was the first. So I was much more uptight while trying to navigate through that first year. With Campbell I've just been trying to love and enjoy every moment! I remember how fast it went by with Jackson and it has gone just as fast, if not faster, with Campbell. She is such a great baby. Sleeps well, eats well, plays hard, loves her Daddy, brother, and puppy dog. She isn't walking yet, but she's cruising around furniture feverishly trying to keep up with Jackson. So I imagine any day now she's going to take off across the living room after one of his prized toys that he keeps away from her! She drinks from a sippy cup, she eats finger foods, she plays the "uh oh" game, she dances when you sing The Wheels on the Bus, she gives hugs, and she's in love with one of the foam supports from her sleep positioner (which she clearly doesn't need any longer, but she uses the foam support to hold her thumb in her mouth and snuggle with...it's her lovey!).
So I'll leave you with a few pics of the birthday girl. And then after the birthday celebration I'll put some more pictures up.


No comments:
Post a Comment