"The phrase 'working-mom' is redundant!"

Friday, August 6, 2010

coming to an end

I know it's been forever since I blogged, but I have valid reasons! It's been NUTS around here. Between trying to get Campbell on a schedule, playing with Jackson, having my floors re-done after our "flood", getting a new garage door after it broke, and preparing for the school year to start....*whew* crazy!
So first things first...Campbell is the best baby. She's just chill all the time. If she cries it's for one of three reasons, hungry, sleepy, shewy diaper. She's sleeping 10+ hours a night, eating every 3 hours, trying to sit up and rollover, and "talking" all the time! She loves to blow raspberries and growl!





Jackson is his adorable 3 year old self...which is enough said most days! He loves his sister to pieces and is a great big brother. His latest infatuation is construction trucks, cranes, etc. His Poppy bought him a remote control crane that is taller then he is....he LOVES IT!



In home news....we had a drain back up and flood our dining and living room, thus ruining our laminate floors that we installed only 2 years ago. So after cleaning up this horrible mess we find out that the laminate has been discontinued. So we got to replace 366 square feet of flooring. So we got smart this time, we put down tile, but it looks like wood floors. We love it! Pictures to follow once we get the room put back together. And the week after the floor problems my garage door broke...just great! Oh the joys of home ownership!
So next on the to do list is starting up the school year. My anxiety level is on level red. It's the unknown that gets me. Will Campbell take a bottle? Will I be able to get to her school to nurse her at lunch? Will Jackson transition to his new room well? Will Campbell get on a schedule and be able to sleep well at school? What new schools will I have on my schedule this year? Will we be able to afford having 2 kids in childcare? And I could go on and on and on and on......So for now, we just get started and hope for the best!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Sorry about the floors and the garage door. It sounds so familiar! Hang in there. I'm with you on the anxiety. We are thinking of changing M's daycare due to needing longer hours and just considering it makes me freak out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Jackson is getting so big..and such a handsome little guy! :) And Campbell.. wow.. GORGEOUS! Love her little 4th of July outfit! :) Sorry to hear about all the randomness going on, but hoping everything is righting itself and the school year is off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete

background layout